SportBikes.org
February 21, 2018, 05:37:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is no life guard at the gene pool.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Indy 2011  (Read 8724 times)
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2011, 07:00:04 PM »

I hate fraken hardware falures!  You need to register again Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 11:08:29 AM by Lou » Logged
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 08:18:34 AM »

Sort of like a blown head gasket, got to pull the top end off and start over again.

So lets see if we can get this site going again.  Did you have any backups of some of the prior messages? Not that we had anything earth shaking but there was a few tid bits that would be worth having.

Now back to the important stuff...  The German MotoGP free practice 1 starts tomorrow night (our time).  Another chance for the Stoner / Lorenzo battle to ensue with Curly (Simoncelli) trying to take them both out  Shocked
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 08:58:18 AM »

I have had zero luck so far getting to the old data.  This BBS has a great back-up process, but I would have to get it going again to run the export.  The 'server' was a $199 special 10 years ago.  It had mirrored drives, but that's good if a drive fails, not so much when motherboard goes wanky.

Back to the real issues, Curly, Mo (Stoner) and Larry (Lorenzo) should be have a great battle!
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 05:55:53 PM »

From last year's Indy http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/MotoGP+Rewind+from+Indianapolis
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 04:25:08 AM »

Free Practice 1 of the Curly, Mo, & Larry challenge at Sachsenring

Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 03:01:29 PM »

Curly is hot to stand on the top step of the podium, and if he does crash before the end he may do it.  I loved watching him in 250s, it was a battle until the last turn!
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »

FP2...  Yep, Curly wants to be on top of the podium so bad he risks it all ever race.  He has his hart set on it and it will happen.  Next year if he learns to stay on top of the bike he will be a strong contender.  Mo let "Asimo" (Honda's Robot - Pedrosa) weasel him out of the first row during the second free practice.
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:57:43 PM »

It thought Asimo was from South Park??  Curly had Asimo beat and  then he went into robot destruct mode and ran into Curly.  Passing on the outside is aggressive? 
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 06:39:12 AM »

Qualifing... 
First Row: Mo, Asimo, Larry
Second: Curly, Elbows, Dovi
Thrid: Texas Tornado, Kentucky Kid, Playboy

Last Row: ... Rossi ...   WTF he doesn't know how to ride a Ducati.

Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »

Hey guys, we are getting closer the race weekend.  Should be 100 degrees when we get there!
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »

More likely 100% humidity...  Damn it's been bad this year...  Muggy as hell.

I don't own a hose, never watered my yard yet I have to mow it every week, twice on some weeks.  Grass grows everywhere, you couldn't kill it if you tried.  Same with trees and everything else.  Coming from NM I don't even know how to handle this.

Sorry if I'm grumpy, I just finished mowing the yard AGAIN. 

They don't know what a zero scape is. If I had the yard from Colorado (all rocks) here, they would probably hang me from the nearest tree.
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »

That reminds me of my time in Houston, except I was still mowing the freaken yard 3 days before Xmas.  One hundred percent humidity and 106, oh yeah!  Smell that smell!  Houston is a good place for Texans! 

I love my zero scape and lets face it NM way more laid back.  I hope it cools down up there for the race. 
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 06:32:02 PM »

Two weeks to go...  I still haven't received the tickets in the mail. If I don't get them by Monday I think I will call. As I recall, they didn't get them out to me much before about now last year ether.

So the last few days have been fantastic.  It finally cooled off a bit and quit raining.  There is a couple of weeks each year where the weather is actually very nice here Huh

So I so miss NM...  There is no shortage of twisty roads here.  Fact is they wouldn't know how to make a straight road to save their life in Western PA.  Nothing wrong with that but you just can't get away from the traffic and the people the same way you can in NM.

So how is the Emery Pass route now? Is it still the outstanding ride that it used to be? 

Of course getting up in Northern NM where you can fill up your tank with gas, run it 100 MPH till you run out, fill it up and do it again.  That is just something that ain't going to happen here.

Enough bitching... think I will ride up to Canada tomorrow just to do something different Wink
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 05:44:48 PM »

Got the Tickets!

We are good to go...
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 06:28:49 PM »

We have tickets, good to hear.

The last race would have been better in Pedrosa didn't hit the deck.  Simoncelli finally made up on the box.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: