SportBikes.org
February 23, 2018, 11:26:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is no life guard at the gene pool.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DMG and Superbike Racing  (Read 2524 times)
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »

Last weekend I went to MidOhio to watch the AMA Superbike races.  I had a great time but enjoyed the pits as much as anything.  The stands had no shade and it was HOT and Humid.  The smart guys lined up their motor homes along the entrance and setup awnings to watch the racing and the traffic.

So another big race I really wanted to go to this year was VIR but what the heck is going on with the Daytona Motor Group DMG?  I can't see that they have done anything good for the sport and don't know what the &%$& AMA was thinking when they sold off the rights.

VIR has been CANCELED http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/news/index.cfm?cid=44011   Huh
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 04:58:11 PM »

Yeah, the folks at DMG seem to be more business oriented than racer.  You should go catch a WERA race.
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »

WERA is very competitive and much like the MRA in Colorado.  I don't know how some of these guys put together the teams they do.  It's much more expensive than our days back in the late 70's and early 80's. 

I've done a few track days with NESBA at Beaver Run and Nelson Ledges.  They are pretty lax and everybody just has a good time.  I haven't done a track day this year.  MidOhio would be a riot to do a track day on but they are all in the middle of the week and can be pricy.

So WFO, what's the desert racing out there looking like?
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:19:08 PM »

It is very dry.  The races have been dusty and track go to hell fast and get choppy.  I love desert racing Grin  I joined WeBe which is really WORCS.  They have more enduro type desert races along NM, UT and Colorado border.  They are supposed to have a race on Pararito Mountain, but that was before that huge fire in Las Alamos.  Next NMDRC race is in Gallup, but I will not make as it falls on wife-poo's b-day.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:47:54 PM by Lou » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: