SportBikes.org
February 21, 2018, 05:38:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: There is no life guard at the gene pool.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Ride to where?  (Read 9918 times)
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

So, I like the track lay out at Laguna better, but Indy's infrastructure makes it way easy to get in and out.  From NM it is 1100 miles to CA and 1500 miles to IN.  Barber is 1300 miles.  It does matter much one way or the other, what's a few hundred miles. 

Sept 15 we have to go to IL for a wedding.  Oct 6-7 is the desert race in Carlsbad and I want to race that.  Other than those dates I can plan some time off. 

What are you thinking?

okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »

My distances are a bit different. 2432 miles to Laguna, 724 to Barber, 357 to Indianapolis, 210 to Mid Ohio, 633 to Road America, and only 4036 miles to Valencia, Spain !

So I will definitely go to Indianapolis and the vintage motorcycle days at Mid Ohio only because they are close and I get a kick out of both. Come up here if you want to join me or as you suggest, name it I will try.

My bucket list includes the season final MotoGP race in Valencia one of these years.   
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »

I figured you would have some races scheduled.  I do love the west, but you have lots of race near by.

Spain would be fun race.  I'll to see what's happening and make a decision. 

okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 05:29:40 PM »

Truth of the matter is that I would trade it all to get back to the South West.  Its hard to explain as there are plenty of twisty roads around here, more than any other place that I have lived. Its just not the same as the wfo mode going to places like Hillsboro, Lake City, Emory pass, Clifton and the list out west is endless.  I get some short splints in but nothing like our ride to Laguna a few years ago, I still dream of that ride.. The back roads of NM, UT, and Nevada were quick to be PC about it.

Maybe in another year or so if I can get business going.....
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »

The Laguna ride was awesome.  We did massive miles each day and stayed pretty sane.   Our PPIR rides were pretty high speed.  I'm thinking about a ride.
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »

Assen MotoGP is this weekend with three in a row before Laguna. Stoner has his job cut out for him as Jorge is already smelling the champagne. 

I hope somebody like Spies can break it up but he sure has had a lot of bad luck this year.

Yes, I need to do a ride as well but finding anyplace to let it rip is hard and I sold my trailer so even track days are hard now.

okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 07:06:41 PM »

Just remembered the PPIR ride.  Didn't we barely get out of NM before a off duty sheriff decided to pull a gun on us  Shocked. Seems that was just the start of the adventure. 
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 07:21:16 PM »

That was one up-tight cop.  Anyone could have mistaken that herd of slow moving cars as weenies that follow a moron.  Who would of thought that was the old follow-me truck.  What was that guys name (from Farmington) who went dirt riding on the R-1?
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

Did you watch the Assen MotoGP yet?
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2012, 01:47:23 PM »

Yes, and the Moto2.  The battles in Moto2 are pretty cool.  I do not know why they fined Bautista for taking out Lorenzo.  Shit happens, I wonder if they would have cared if it was anyone else not at the top of the points where involved.  Politics is politics where ever. 
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 05:45:03 PM »

I am hopping that with the playing field leveled again that there will be some more intense competition in the MotoGP class at least for the US races.  I thought Spies would finally get on the podium but Dovizioso was on fire and earned the glory.

Sucks that there was a crash but as you said, its racing and if you aren't trying to get to the front then you shouldn't be on the track.  I don't understand what he did wrong other than loose the front and sometimes shit just happens.
Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 06:15:32 AM »

I just finished watching WSBK.  This year is a good year.  The supersport class had the points leader leader pull a real bonehead move.  I'll have search around and find out what really happened.

Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:14:19 AM »

Well, I am thinking about heading to Indy.  I am not sure if I can get anyone here to go.  I want to ride it in 2 days.  Sadly you are one of the few folks that can ride 7-8 hundreds miles in a day (and think it was fun).  I'll see what happens.  When are you going to get tickets?  I don't guess there will ever be a shortage of seats at Indy:Smiley
okd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 06:58:43 PM »

Fantastic. But only 700 or 800 miles a day:-)

Well what part of the track do you want to see?    I haven't picked up any tickets yet and we need to look into finding a motel somewhere in the area.

I will look around, you do the same..

Lou
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2012, 12:00:30 PM »

The seating area we did last time was fine.  Having a good view of a big screen would be nice.  The motel we had last year wasn't too bad, but I guess you want to be closer to the downtown strip? 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: